free (NULL)

Boyd Roberts boyd at necisa.ho.necisa.oz
Tue Jun 5 11:12:10 AEST 1990

In article <3124 at goanna.cs.rmit.oz.au> ok at goanna.cs.rmit.oz.au (Richard A. O'Keefe) writes:
>Somewhere the context seems to have been lost.  I wasn't talking about
>library routines to create single objects, but library routines to manage
>a collection of objects (think of hsearch and the like) where the objects
>     4. Are sometimes things that the caller provided (whatever they are)
>        and sometimes things that the package mallocked

As I've said before, what you require is an interface.  A clearly defined,
clean interface.  No more, no less.  You'll just have to bite the bullet
for existing routines that don't provide the interface you want.  For
future routines, you define the interface.

Just define the interface.

Boyd Roberts			boyd at necisa.ho.necisa.oz.au

``When the going gets wierd, the weird turn pro...''