How do I make my program beep.

Haseen Alam halam2 at umn-d-ub.D.UMN.EDU
Wed Jun 6 10:58:16 AEST 1990

>I think Haseen was asking why the program
>
>       main() { printf("hello world\a\n"); }
>
>prints
>       "hello worlda"
>
>instead of
>       "hello world" and then beeping.

 [stuff deleted ...]

>       main() { printf("hello world\7\n"); }

 Thank you Mark, you just hit the bulls eye.  Maybe it was a trivial question
 for most C programmers.  But apparantly there are a few of us who are still
 novice, and the net seems a relatively efficient way to get answers to most
 questions.  Specially if the books and the local guru's are of no help.

 One other quick question.  Will '\7' still work on an ANSI compiler?

 On behalf of me and others that I've helped with this same question, thanks
 again to all the guys who replied.  Bye.

 Haseen.
 |  Haseen Ibne Alam                       Tel: (218)-728-2139        |
 |  email : halam1 at ub.d.umn.edu      or    halam at cola.d.umn.edu       |
--