#pragma

Chris Schoeneman jindak at surfside.sgi.com
Mon Jun 11 04:06:34 AEST 1990

>Could somebody tell me what #pragma means???

#pragma is the standard way to do non-standard things.  For
instance, TURBO C uses a #pragma to indicate that a program
has inline assembly (otherwise it starts over when it hits
the first #asm).  Other compilers wouldn't need this, but how
do you tell one compiler and not another without changing the
code?  Use #pragma.  Every compiler has different #pragma's
so you have to RTFM.

>And also what does the sys in #include <sys/types.h> do???

This header defines various machine specific stuff, like how
many bits in a byte (NBBY) and data types for the OS.

>Also VAX C doesn't seem to have <sys/resources.h>.  What is this??

I think what you're looking for is sys/resource.h.

	       Chris Schoeneman | I was neat, clean, shaved and sober,
    jindak at surfside.esd.sgi.com | and I didn't care who knew it.
	 Silicon Graphics, Inc. |		-Raymond Chandler
	      Mountain View, CA |		 (The Big Sleep)