BASIC to C translator program

Jeffrey Kirk captain at vax1.acs.udel.EDU
Tue Jun 12 11:47:30 AEST 1990

In article <1990Jun11.214146.1246 at esegue.segue.boston.ma.us> glenn at welchlab.welch.jhu.edu (Glenn M. Mason) writes:
]Does anyone out there know of a public-domain/commercial BASIC to C
]translator program? I have a BASIC program that does something useful
]but is terribly unreadable with all the GOSUBS and other BASIC constructs
]of which I am not familiar. Any info, leads, etc. will be greatly
]appreciated.

Two years ago I researched what was out there, and we decided on Btran, a
DOS product that created several target C's, (we chose Microsoft).  It is
really only useful in getting started in the translation job.  Goto's are
created, and the code is never modular (as you would expect).  The product
is useable and fairly well documented and parameterized.  It was around $500
and performed probably 25% of the actual conversion in the end.  If you have
a large hunk of code it may save you some time.
--
Disclaimers are for people stupid enough to work for companies that make them
feel pressured into writing them.

                                     captain at vax1.acs.udel.edu  (Jeff C. Kirk)