MS C 6.0 LINK: how to suppress the Definitions File prompt?

Clayton Cramer cramer at optilink.UUCP
Wed Jun 6 02:39:59 AEST 1990

In article <4400 at infmx.UUCP>, aland at infmx.UUCP (Colonel Panic) writes:
> With the new version of the MS linker, a prompt for a Definitions File
> has been added.  As a result, linker response files created to work
> with the LINK that came with 5.1 don't work automatically -- the user
> is prompted to specify a definition file (or hit return for the default
> of no "deffile").  I would like to avoid the prompt altogether.  After
> RTFMing carefully, I still can't see any way to suppress this via a
> parameter (e.g. the LINK env variable).  Is there an undocumented
> means of avoiding this prompt without changing the response files?
>
> Alan Denney # Informix # aland at informix.com # {pyramid|uunet}!infmx!aland

I'm using the linker that came with C6.0, but not the compiler
(I still can't get C6.0 object modules to link correctly), and I'm
not getting this response file prompt, using a 5.1 linker response
file.  Are you failing to put a semicolon at the end of your inputs?

Also, as nice as it is that the new Codeview allows you to debug
really big applications with big symbol tables, as soon as I put
together an application of any real size, with symbols on, I get
L1063: out of memory for CodeView information from the linker.

Oh well.

--
Clayton E. Cramer {pyramid,pixar,tekbspa}!optilink!cramer
Pipe bomb: appropriate technology for living lightly on Mother Earth. :-)