Source for extensible hashing needed

Pankaj Narayan narayan at cs.iastate.edu
Tue Jun 5 02:41:48 AEST 1990

oz at yunexus.UUCP (Ozan Yigit) writes:

>In article <23421 at uflorida.cis.ufl.EDU> sml at beach.cis.ufl.edu (Shein-Fong Law) writes:
>> I urgently need a program to store and access data records in files
>>using extensible hashing method.

	The latest issue of Communications of the ACM has 2 articles
	related to hashing, and I'm sure at least one of them is on
	Extensible hashing.......the algo itself is very small, and he
	proves that its elegant and has all the desirable properties
	of a *good* hashing algo.

	The issue came just 2 days back, so it must be the June 90 or
	July 90 (if they run a month ahead) issue. It has a man doing
	the tightrope atop a floppy disk as its cover picture.

	Hope this helps.

Pankaj Narayan                           narayan at atanasoff.cs.iastate.edu
246 North Hyland Ave, Apt. 306 ,Ames, IA 50010  Ph: (515) 292-5535