Need help w/unbuff'd input.

TIM at ENH.Prime.COM TIM at ENH.Prime.COM
Thu Jun 7 19:28:00 AEST 1990

    I'm trying to write a function in C on Un*x that will allow me to read one
character unbuffered from stdin. I'm using the Berkeley shell, but I want to
write it to be able to use in the Bourne shell as well. If you're familiar
with Turbo C on the PC, I'm trying to write a getche() function.

    If there's already one there, or you know how to make one function read
one character unbuffered (not the whole program - just that function), please
give me a clue.

    Send replies to address below, or post here. Thanks in advance!

/*
Tim Cantin, Prime Computer, Inc., MS 10-13
500 Old Conn Path, Framingham, MA 01701  (508)879-2960 x3101
(TIM at ENH.Prime.COM) || (csnet-relay!ENH.Prime.COM!TIM)
*/
#include "stddisclaimer.h"