C Community's Cavalier Attitude On Software Reliability

Steve Jenkins jenkins at jpl-devvax.JPL.NASA.GOV
Tue Mar 6 04:17:09 AEST 1990

In article <8223 at hubcap.clemson.edu> billwolf%hazel.cs.clemson.edu at hubcap.clemson.edu writes:
>   Right.  My self-managed IRA had a total return of 44.43% last year;
>   how embarassing.

Get a clue, Wolfe.  Nobody gives a damn about your investment
performance, your sexual prowess, your standing with the Trilateral
Commission, or any other "credentials" you might publish.

This is comp.lang.c.  It's for people who use, or want to use C, well.

Perhaps you and Jim Giles should start comp.lang.i.hate.c, where you
could preach to the converted about the evils of C without bothering
those of us who have work to do.  (On the other hand, at least Giles
sticks to technical issues, and doesn't attempt to coerce our agreement
with appeal to irrelevant authority.)

Your attempts to attach blanket characteristics to the "C Community",
as if such a thing sprang into existence by mere mention of the name,
are laughable.  They don't acquire any more respect because you have IRAs.

Steve Jenkins N6UNI			jenkins at jpl-devvax.jpl.nasa.gov
Caltech/Jet Propulsion Laboratory	(818) 354-0162