problems/risks due to programming language, stories requested

jaws at chibacity.austin.ibm.com jaws at chibacity.austin.ibm.com
Fri Mar 16 01:31:23 AEST 1990

Mr Wolf:

C allows you to combine cases that have portions of similiar code
but may have extra lead in code for a specific case:

	switch var:
	case A:
		/* do stuff only case A needs */

	case B:
		/* do stuff case A and case B need done */
		.
		.
		break;

	/* rest of switch */

this construct in impossible to do cleanly in almost every language I have
ever seem, especially ADA.

This kind flexiability is what makes C so powerfull, and dangerous.
You have know what you are doing to do it.

[ Jeff Wilson :: jaws at chibacity.austin.ibm.com                                ]
[ Consultant from Pencom, Inc. at Human Factors, AWD, IBM Austin.             ]
[My comments are wholly my own and as such take them for what they are worth. ]