turbo-C and lint ?

Alan Grant Finlay alanf at bruce.OZ
Tue Mar 20 16:32:49 AEST 1990

I was surprised to discover that the Turbo-C package does not come with a lint
program.  Specifically I want to have the ability to automatically check for
procedure argument type consistency.  When in the past I have complained to
C advocates that C compilers don't check for consistent use of parameters they
have usually replied "that's what lint is for!".  Is it really acceptable for
a commercial compiler package to come supplied without an essential part or
have I missed something in the package that does the same job?

Also does anyone know if there are any public domain lints available that will
work with Turbo-C source?