Nested Comments in C -- A recent experience

Jeff Sullivan, x4096 MS 4-2 jsulliva at cvbnet.UUCP
Wed Mar 14 05:49:54 AEST 1990

   I have used at least one C compiler that allowed nested comments
 with the use of a command line flag. The default was to not allow
 them. I thought this was great for debugging since I could "comment
 out" large blocks of code, comments and all. This was the only benefit
 I could see in allowing nested comments.

   Anyway, since then I have used #define's to comment out large blocks
 of code (while debugging). For example:

#ifdef disabled
  statement1;	/* comment 1  */
  statementn;   /* comment n */