exception handling in C

Kari Gran| grano at cs.Helsinki.FI
Fri Mar 9 10:17:02 AEST 1990

	There is a paper titled 'Excaption Handling in C' by Eric. S.
Roberts, published by Digital Equipment Corp., 1989, which describes a
simple exception handling mechanism implemented with preprocessor. The
resulting code looks something like this:

	exception OpenError;

	TRY
		fp = myopen("test.dat", "r");
	EXCEPT(OpenError)
		printf("Cannot open test.dat\n");
	EXCEPT(....)
	ENDTRY

and in your routines you can use RAISE to raise exceptions.  The exceptions
follow a dynamic call chain at runtime.  Full source code is included in
the paper; works well, according to my (minor) tests.

Kari.
--
Kari Grano	grano at cs.helsinki.fi	Hey, my opinions are just mine..
	"I've got a thousand telephones that don't ring" - R.Z.