malloc()

Paul A. Varner pvarner at blackbird.afit.af.mil
Thu Mar 29 00:30:19 AEST 1990

To all you 'C' gurus:
  I am in the process of porting some C code to be as portable as
possible across many different machines.  Anyhow, one of the calls I
have to make is malloc(something), where somthing is a BIG value, such
as 300,000.  Anyhow, the code works perfectly on a Unix machine I have
access to, but bombs out in Turbo C, using the huge memory model.
When I say bomb, it locks the machine up.  Anyhow, I really need to
keep the Malloc call in the code.  Any suggestions??

Please Email responses and I will summarize to the net if there is enough
interest.

					Paul Varner
Address: pvarner at blackbird.afit.af.mil
or       pvarner at afit-ab.arpa