C strongly typed?

Charles Hannum CMH117 at psuvm.psu.edu
Mon Mar 12 18:03:39 AEST 1990

In article <14318 at cbnewsc.ATT.COM>, lgm at cbnewsc.ATT.COM (lawrence.g.mayka) says:

>Despite the syntax, 'void *' has no semantic connection to 'void'
>at all as far as I can see.  Indeed, they are almost opposites:
>"anything" vs. "nothing." Apparently, C compiler writers simply
>decided to apply some new semantics to whatever unused syntax was
>lying around.

As they did, but less effectively, with the keyword "static".

Virtually,
- Charles Martin Hannum II       "Klein bottle for sale ... inquire within."
    (That's Charles to you!)     "To life immortal!"
  cmh117 at psuvm.{bitnet,psu.edu}  "No noozzzz izzz netzzzsnoozzzzz..."
  c9h at psuecl.{bitnet,psu.edu}    "Mem'ry, all alone in the moonlight ..."