DEFINITE bug in Turbo C 2.0

Jim Harkins jharkins at sagpd1.UUCP
Sat Mar 24 10:31:16 AEST 1990

In article <802 at zeusa.UUCP> hendrik at zeusa.UUCP (Hendrik Vermooten) writes:
>Here is a definite bug in C (discovered by Renier v. Wyk)
>	x = SQR (++a); printf("%d\n", a);
>	printf ("%d\n", SQR (++a));
>
>	(complains that that this prints different numbers)

Um, if I understand the phrase 'the evaluation order is undefined' correctly
then the only bug is the one you stepped on on the way to your desk.  I don't
see any reason for a compiler to treat these 2 cases the same.  Please be
a bit more careful before claiming a product has a DEFINATE bug in the future.

--
jim		jharkins at sagpd1

We are all aware of the high cost of alcohol abuse.  To help solve this problem
take this signature to your local liquor store for $1.00 off your next purchase.