Who is the X3J11 committee?

Barry Margolin barmar at think.com
Sat Mar 17 16:12:54 AEST 1990

In article <670 at sagpd1.UUCP> jharkins at sagpd1.UUCP (Jim Harkins) writes:
>That rambling introduction brings me to my question.  Who was on the committee
>and what were their qualifications?  And if Joe Blow wanted to be on one what
>qualifications would he need?

In order to be on an ANSI committee you must be willing to spend $100 (or
maybe it's $150) a year as a membership fee and attend meetings every few
months.  In order to vote your dues must be paid up and you must have
attended two of the most recent three meetings.

Oh, you mean *technical* qualifications!  Nope, there are none.  But no one
without a technical stake in a particular standard would be able to sit
through the meetings (it's hard enough for those of us who do).  If you
want to get on the ANSI committee that specifies stop light colors you're
welcome to.
--
Barry Margolin, Thinking Machines Corp.

barmar at think.com