Productivity and error rates for Ada projects

George Mitchell mitchell at community-chest.uucp
Wed Mar 7 23:08:06 AEST 1990

In article <12236 at goofy.megatest.UUCP> djones at megatest.UUCP (Dave Jones) wrote:
`Does this mean that if I program in C rather than Ada, I can get
`the job done with one nineth the expendature in lines of code?
` ....
`Or does it mean that if I program in Ada rather than C, I'll get nine
`times as much real work done? Sign me up.

If you look at some of the work of T. Capers Jones, you would see that
as third generation languages, there is little difference between the
SLOC count per function point for C and Ada.
--
/s/ George   vmail:  703/883-6029
email:  gmitchel at mitre.org    [alt: mitchell at community-chest.mitre.org]