Errors aren't that simple

Eduardo Krell ekrell at ulysses.att.com
Fri Mar 2 05:46:35 AEST 1990

In article <8192 at hubcap.clemson.edu> billwolf%hazel.cs.clemson.edu at hubcap.clemson.edu writes:
>   For the cost of simply
>   the recent national AT&T crash, I'd be willing to conjecture that all of
>   AT&T's software developers could have been trained in software engineering
>   concepts and the Ada language, and supplied with Ada compilers as well.

And what makes you think the network wouldn't have crashed if the software
had been written in Ada (you seem to imply this)? Do you know the details
of the cause of the crash?. You're just speculating that it was related
to the "unsafe" nature of C.

Eduardo Krell                   AT&T Bell Laboratories, Murray Hill, NJ

UUCP: {att,decvax,ucbvax}!ulysses!ekrell  Internet: ekrell at ulysses.att.com