multi-d arrays and types

Andrew Koenig ark at alice.UUCP
Tue Mar 27 13:50:13 AEST 1990

In article <1990Mar26.155319.23986 at ccu.umanitoba.ca>, rpjday at ccu.umanitoba.ca writes:

>   Consider the following snippet of program, involving
> a 2-d array for a calendar.

>   int calendar[12][31];
>   int (*monthptr)[31];

This example looks a lot like the one that starts on
page 30 of `C Traps and Pitfalls,' so let me quote the
comment that ends the discussion of that example:

	At this point we have walked far enough out on the
	ice that we had better turn back before falling
	through; although this last example is valid ANSI C,
	I had trouble finding a compiler that would accept it.

If you don't have an ANSI compiler, and a pretty good one,
you're likely to be out of luck.
--
				--Andrew Koenig
				  ark at europa.att.com