TC textcolor(RED) problem

David Michael Shackelford dms at cs.arizona.edu
Fri Mar 30 06:31:09 AEST 1990

In article <1990Mar28.224220.16285 at xenitec.on.ca>, timk at xenitec.on.ca (Tim Kuehn) writes:
> This is annoying - I want to display text on my VGA screen in different
> colors. Supposedly the following Turbo C code segment should show me
> a red 'hello' on the screen. It doesn't, but shows me the text in the current
> default color instead:
  [ #include's omitted ]
> main()
> {
> textcolor(RED);
> printf("hello\n");
> }

TC implements a special version of the printf function, cprintf.  It uses
the same arguments as printf, but uses the attributes set by textcolor and
textbackground.  There are also several other 'console' versions of i/o
functions -- see the reference manual for specifics.

Dave.

dms at cs.arizona.edu