problems/risks due to programming language

Wayne Wood woody at eos.UUCP
Sat Mar 10 03:29:19 AEST 1990

In article <101567 at linus.UUCP> munck at linus.UUCP (Robert Munck) writes:

>That dicotomy obviously splits the university crowd from the military-
>industrial crowd; universities have the problem that cooperative work
>is called "cheating" in most other areas, so it's difficult for them to
>take any other approach to s/w eng.  The m-i complex people have the
>problem that they cannot take the risk of entrusting a project to a
>single or small number of people because of the possibilities that they
>will be hit by a bus, poisoned at the local Chinese restaurant, or leave
>the company.
>
>I don't know how the differences can be reconciled.

just get rid of the M-I complex

:-)

just another '60's throwback
:-)

*** ...tongue tied and twisted, just an earth bound misfit, I...            ***
*** -- David Gilmour, Pink Floyd                                            ***
****** woody at eos.arc.nasa.gov *** my opinions, like my mind, are my own ******/