Floating Point Formates

Robert McGwier mac at idacrd.UUCP
Fri Mar 2 03:10:27 AEST 1990

>From article <32397 at shemp.CS.UCLA.EDU>, by srt at maui.cs.ucla.edu (Scott Turner):
> In article <1990Feb28.210122.24511 at xenitec.on.ca> timk at xenitec.UUCP (Tim Kuehn) writes:
>>I'm working on a program and am having a problem with the atof() function.
>>Every time I run it with a certain option  turned on I get an error:
>>scanf : floating point formats not linked.
>
> The problem is that TurboC doesn't link in the floating point lib
>
> 	(void) exp(1.0);

As I am fond of saying, when you pay $99 for a compiler, what do you
expect? ;->).  I have heard myriad rumors (so what's new?) that Turbo
and Waterloo are (FINALLY) working on an optimizing compiler with
Turbo's front end and Waterloo's output (or some rational combination
thereof), this might be a Turbo C product that I would finally believe
is worth at least $99.  Can anyone lend credence to this rumor?

Bob