DEFINITE bug in Turbo C 2.0 (WHO'S GOT THE BUG????)

Bruce Dumes bad at pearl.sw.stratus.com
Fri Mar 23 04:37:28 AEST 1990

In article <802 at zeusa.UUCP> hendrik at zeusa.UUCP (Hendrik Vermooten) writes:
>Here is a definite bug in C (discovered by Renier v. Wyk)
>
>Run by Turbo C it gives:
>
>144
>100
>132
>110
>
>And run by Microsoft C (under XENIX):
>
>132
>110
>132
>110

hey , interestingly enough, when I ran it on my sun 3/80 using cc I got:

132
100
132
100

when I put a semi-colon after the #include <stdio.h> and recompiled with
			cc I got:

132
100
132
110

and when I ran it on my sun compiled with gcc I got:

144
100
144
100

and when I ran it on a Stratus Computer with the Stratus C compiler I got:

132
110
132
110

which is the only version that agreed with Microsoft.  (If the versions were
voting I guess this one would win).

WHO'S GOT THE BUG?????

--
Bruce Dumes			|	"Massachusetts has the best
bad at pearl.sw.stratus.com	|	 politicians money can buy"