Is lint maintained?

Mark Harrison harrison at necssd.NEC.COM
Fri Mar 9 00:05:02 AEST 1990

In article <8809 at drilex.UUCP>, dricejb at drilex.UUCP (Craig Jackson drilex1) writes:
> I have a question for Unix vendors out there.  Is your lint
> maintained?  By this, has your lint received any improvements

Check out PC-Lint/Flexelint from Gimpel Software (215)584-4261.  PC-Lint
runs on MS-DOS, Flexelint runs on VMS, Unix, VM/MVS, QNX, OS-9, DG AOS/VS,
& others.

It has over 270 error messages.  Most of them are very useful, but best of
all, you can turn them on and off as necessary.

> If so, is there some way that you can get it to shut up
> about everything, including casts of malloc?

/*lint -e523(malloc,calloc) */   <-- this means "turn off warnings about
					typecasts for functions malloc
					and calloc. [the number is not
					correct, but I am doing this
					from memory.]

> [...] I use lint a lot; if

If you like lint, you will LOVE PC-Lint/Flexelint!  Sorry if I sound
like a walking billboard, but I am so! satisfied with the product.