problems/risks due to programming language

Erland Sommarskog sommar at enea.se
Fri Mar 2 21:57:50 AEST 1990

Michael Sullivan (misu_ss at uhura.cc.rochester.edu) writes:
>"Thou shalt put a break statement at the end of each case in a switch, even
>unto the last in which it is not logically necessary."
>
>So what's the problem?

The problem? Such rules such be enforced by the compiler, not the
programmer. The more rules you into a language which the programmer
is to obey without the compiler to verify, the more likely it is
that casual errors slip in. And the compiler checks for me, the more
I can concentrate on the essentials; trying to solve the real-world
problem at hand.
Erland Sommarskog - ENEA Data, Stockholm - sommar at enea.se