compiling g++ under VMS

Kenneth J. Heeres kjh at visual1.jhuapl.edu
Thu Nov 15 07:43:43 AEST 1990

I am trying to compile g++ on VMS.  I am assuming that I need to
install the gcc compiler first.  If this is not true then please
tell me and ignore the rest of this message.

I downloaded the vms tar file from uunet.uu.net and sent the
files to my vms system.  I followed the install instructions.
They make no mention of any library requirements.  I linked
a "hello world" compiled with gcc with the vaxcrl library.
when I tried to run it I got an access violation.  What am
I doing wrong?

thanks

ken