Paramters of type float getting corrupted in Microsoft C 5.1. HELP !!!

Milan M Shah mmshah at athena.mit.edu
Thu Nov 1 03:42:05 AEST 1990

WRT float parameters getting corrupted.

I ran into this problem once, and it is a known bug with MSC 5.1. I can't
remember the exact details - I vaguely recall that it had something to do
with either the float parameter being on an odd byte boundary, or being
part of a struct that was more than 16 bytes long, or maybe both.

I do, however, remember the workaround he suggested - pass a pointer to
the float or struct instead. For exact details, call Microsoft.

If this is too vague, I can probably dig up some code that shows where
the problem occured and how it was 'fixed'

Hope this helps.

Milan
.