availability of ANSI-conformant compilers

Michael Salmon epames at eos.ericsson.se
Mon Nov 19 18:51:43 AEST 1990

In article <16457 at csli.Stanford.EDU> poser at csli.stanford.edu (Bill Poser) writes:
>In article <14487 at smoke.brl.mil> gwyn at smoke.brl.mil (Doug Gwyn) writes:
>>Consequently, I key
>>on the __STDC__ preprocessing macro and include code for both
>>standard-C and UNIX-pcc environments.  This works fairly well
>>and could be done more spiffily than I usually bother to do it.
>
>Doesn't this mean that you either don't use prototypes or have to
>include both a prototype and a non-prototyped declaration for every
>function?

I recently saw a programme that used cpp macros to define either
prototypes or use traditional declarations. The idea is to use a macro
for each number of parameters then expand it 2 ways. Unfortunately it
does mean that programmes that expect a certain format (perhaps indent)
may become confused.

Michael Salmon
L.M.Ericsson
Stockholm