sizeof() confusion

Stephen Friedl friedl at mtndew.Tustin.CA.US
Sat Nov 10 02:48:54 AEST 1990

In article <2665 at cirrusl.UUCP>, dhesi%cirrusl at oliveb.ATC.olivetti.com (Rahul Dhesi) writes:
> While we're on the subject of sizeof surprises, here is one that did
> genuinely throw me off:
>
>		/* other stuff deleted */
>
>         printf("sizeof (char)  = %d\n", sizeof (char));

Hey, if you're using LPI C on the UNIX PC, it prints zero!

     Stephen

--
Stephen J. Friedl, KA8CMY / I speak for me only / Tustin, CA / 3B2-kind-of-guy
+1 714 544 6561  / friedl at mtndew.Tustin.CA.US  / {uunet,attmail}!mtndew!friedl

LPI C is for people who don't actually intend to write software