Novice question.

Mark A. Yedinak yedinak at motcid.UUCP
Sat Nov 17 03:19:18 AEST 1990

longshot at monkey.ecn.purdue.edu (The Knight Guard) writes:

:>	"extern" means that the variable is global, and was declared in a
:>separate .c file.  If your program occupies only 1 file, you will never
:>use this.
:>
:>John Gordon

:	Not true here...  Our cc seems to require that all functions/procedures
:  be defined before the main block.  The way around this is to extern all
:  functions before main...  Dunno if this is just our compiler, anyone else
:  seen this?  Any ideas of why?

Sounds like Pascal to me. :) Seriously though, this sounds like this is just
your compiler. I have never seen this on any of the half dozen or so compilers I
have used.

--
Mark A. Yedinak - uunet!motcid!yedinak 		*  "Don't take life too
Motorola - General Systems Sector		*   seriously, you will