Coding Standards. was: a style question

David Goggin 6600dt at ucsbuxa.ucsb.edu
Sat Nov 17 08:31:15 AEST 1990

In article <1990Nov10.191840.21113 at clear.com> rmartin at clear.com (Bob Martin) writes:

>At Clear we have instituded a style standard which
>all our engineers follow.  This standard specifies how indenting
>should be done, how variables, functions and types should be named.
>I specifies that functions should have single entrance and single
>exit points, and that functions should not be much longer then
>one page.  It specifies a documentation style and demands that
>comments always be placed on closing braces.  etc. etc.

I don't think I'd
like to have a format forced on me like that.  I
think, however, I _well-designed_ standard does go a
long way in clearing up the problem.  I would
reccommend a standard that is thought out carefully
in advance, to be most logical in showing the
structure of code, as well as aestheticaly pleasing
(a big factor for me.)

*dt*
6600dt at ucsbuxa.bitnet