warning to users of INDENT.EXE

William C. Marsh bmarsh at cod.NOSC.MIL
Tue Nov 27 06:15:15 AEST 1990

In article <73542 at iuvax.cs.indiana.edu> bomgard at iuvax.cs.indiana.edu (Tim Bomgardner) writes:
>I recently inherited a large multi-file c program with little or no
>visual structure (indenting, whitespace, etc.).  I ran it all thru
>indent.  A couple days later I discovered indent had made some
>unauthorized changes.  In particular, all statements that were
>originally in the form

Funny, I had just been given a task to find this problem.  It seems that the
latest version of indent (I got it from uunet) has this fixed.  I guess one of
the original purposes was to convert older C code.

Bill
--
Bill Marsh, Naval Ocean Systems Center, San Diego, CA
{arpa,mil}net: bmarsh at cod.nosc.mil
uucp: {ihnp4,akgua,decvax,dcdwest,ucbvax}!sdcsvax!nosc!bmarsh
"If you are not part of the solution, you're part of the problem..."