MORE/PAGING routine needed ...

Avery Colter avery at netcom.UUCP
Sun Nov 11 09:17:29 AEST 1990

lll at eci.UUCP (Linda L. Lassor) writes:

>Has anyone a callable c routine that acts like MORE or PAGE?  I need
>to incorporate such a routine in some programs that need to display
>files a few lines at a time, and don't want to have to do a
>system("more filename") call to do it.

What a coincidence, I happen to be working on just such a thing.

I'm getting very caught up in adding a regular expression finding module,
but that module will itself be separate and will be placeable in any
code to have a way of using regular expressions to find words in a text
source.

Warning though, it's taking long enough that if there isn't already a PD
source for it, I might want to shareware the stuff.

--
Avery Ray Colter    {apple|claris}!netcom!avery  {decwrl|mips|sgi}!btr!elfcat
(415) 839-4567   "Fat and steel: two mortal enemies locked in deadly combat."