Talking about scanf (was Re: What's so bad about scanf anyway???)

Avery Colter avery at netcom.UUCP
Thu Nov 22 21:22:47 AEST 1990

Oh yes...

Another thing in scanf's favor over gets...

While reading the new and improved 10 commandments, I was reminded of
gets' nasty habit of taking any size line given to it.

But I suppose fgets takes care of that... you just have to whack off
the endline character somehow.
--
Avery Ray Colter    {apple|claris}!netcom!avery  {decwrl|mips|sgi}!btr!elfcat
(415) 839-4567   "I feel love has got to come on and I want it: