Rationale for my posting draft V7 C description

Bob Goudreau goudreau at dg-rtp.dg.com
Wed Nov 21 04:33:22 AEST 1990

In article <9770:Nov2004:40:4490 at kramden.acf.nyu.edu>,
brnstnd at kramden.acf.nyu.edu (Dan Bernstein) writes:

> > No.  He was talking about the cross-posting of this discussion to
> > comp.std.c, which certainly *is* dedicated to ANSI C.   You did
notice
> > that the original guy had listed comp.std.c as well as comp.lang.c
> > in his "Newsgroups" line, didn't you?
>
> No, I didn't. If Ron hadn't thought that his comments were
appropriate
> for comp.lang.c, why would he have set followups to this group?

Geez, that was exactly the point:  to move the discussion *out* of
comp.std.c (where it didn't belong) and into comp.lang.c (where it
is appropriate).

> There's no reason I should have looked at the original newsgroups.

There's no excuse for not paying attention to *all* the contents
of an article, including its header.

Bob Goudreau				+1 919 248 6231
Data General Corporation
62 Alexander Drive			goudreau at dg-rtp.dg.com
Research Triangle Park, NC  27709	...!mcnc!rti!xyzzy!goudreau
USA