Argument declaration style (Was: ANSI C prototypes)

Tim McDaniel mcdaniel at adi.com
Thu Nov 8 04:17:24 AEST 1990

Even with prototypes with one argument per line, nobody's holding a
gun to your head to prevent old-style arguments in a comment, if you
want 'grep' to give you such information:

   void foo( /* x, y */
      char *x,   /* a frob string */
      int y      /* plugh value */
   )

By the way: there are grep-like tools that give you a range of lines
around each match.  I don't recall the name, but I think
comp.sources.{unix,misc} has had one.
--
Tim McDaniel                 Applied Dynamics Int'l.; Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA
Work phone: +1 313 973 1300                        Home phone: +1 313 677 4386