# to the nth power

Richard Harter rh at smds.UUCP
Wed Nov 7 12:42:54 AEST 1990

In article <P1X6QN1 at xds13.ferranti.com>, peter at ficc.ferranti.com (Peter da Silva) writes:
> In article <226 at smds.UUCP> rh at smds.UUCP (Richard Harter) writes:
> > 	for (y=x,sqrtx=1;y>0;) {ysave = y;y =/ 16;sqrtx =* 4;}

> Wow.

> This man has been programming in C for a *long* time. I'm impressed.

> (quiz: why do I come to this conclusion?)

Er, well, yes.  The moral of the story is that your short term memory
can fail you when you post in the wee hours of the morning.  It makes
a nice quiz question.  Color me embarassed.

Wonder how many people caught it?

--
Richard Harter, Software Maintenance and Development Systems, Inc.
Net address: jjmhome!smds!rh Phone: 508-369-7398