Preprocessing #ifdef but not #define

Don Thomson, MACC thomson at vms.macc.wisc.edu
Wed Nov 21 00:20:55 AEST 1990

I'm sorting through C code loaded with #ifdef statements for portability.  I'd
like to strip the code down to a version that applies to my operating system
and configuration so that I can read through it but don't want to preprocess
all the #define statements, as I'd like to see the #define mnemonics in the
stripped down code.  I don't see any options for the C preprocessor that will
allow me to preprocess #ifdef's but not #define's.  Is there an easy way to do
this?

----- Don Thomson ----- MACC, 1210 W. Dayton, Madison, WI  53706 -------------
    (608) 262-0138      thomson at macc.wisc.edu / thomson at wiscmacc.bitnet