Novice question.

mdivax1!mclaren mdivax1!mclaren
Sat Nov 17 11:53:57 AEST 1990

In article <1990Nov16.145700.8078 at titan.uucp> jkeane at titan.uucp (Jim Keane -- Software) writes:
>In article <11476 at j.cc.purdue.edu> zhou at brazil.psych.purdue.edu (Albert Zhou) writes:
>>How many people can envision a microcomputer with thousands of big CPU, each
>>having thousands of registers?
>
>Have you ever heard of the Harvard Architecture?

Yes, but what does this have to do with many registers? I thought
(flames cheerfully accepted if I am wrong) that the Harvard architecture's
main attribute was seperate data and instruction streams, not a large number of
registers.  Indeed, the Motorola 88000 is promoted as a Harvard architecture
part, and it has only 32 general purpose registers.

In any case, further discussion of this topic should perhaps be moved to
a more suitable newsgroup (comp.arch?).