# to the nth power

Paul John Falstad pfalstad at phoenix.Princeton.EDU
Sat Nov 3 16:48:49 AEST 1990

In lots of articles people write:
>[
>  Lots of methods for computing a raised to the power n deleted
>]

Just out of curiosity, is there an efficient algorithm for finding
square root of an integer (or the integral part of the square root, if
the number is not a perfect square) using only integer arithmetic?
How about the cube root?

"No" is a valid answer.

--
Paul Falstad, pfalstad at phoenix.princeton.edu PLink:HYPNOS GEnie:P.FALSTAD
I would bring back hanging, and go into rope.  I would cut off the more