longjmp out of signal handler (was Re: alloca() portability)

Richard Harter rh at smds.UUCP
Sat Nov 24 17:47:11 AEST 1990

In article <1990Nov21.181358.8660 at zoo.toronto.edu>, henry at zoo.toronto.edu (Henry Spencer) writes:
> In article <249 at smds.UUCP> rh at smds.UUCP (Richard Harter) writes:
> >Is it allowed to ask for help?  :-)

> No. (!)  The exact wording is

	[... text deleted -- read Henry's article for exact text.]

I assume this is from the ANSI standard.  From this I gather that in
fact there is no guaranteed portable way to longjmp out of a signal
handler.  From this I infer (perhaps incorrectly) there is no way
in ANSI C to do what I want that is safe.  On the other hand it is
*probably* the case that the code schema I posted will work fine.

Thanks for the response.
--
Richard Harter, Software Maintenance and Development Systems, Inc.
Net address: jjmhome!smds!rh Phone: 508-369-7398