"dummy" functions.

Geoffrey Ballinger aighb at castle.ed.ac.uk
Tue Nov 13 00:22:26 AEST 1990

	In a program I am writing I have several versions of a
particular function and I intend to allow the user to select which is
used at run time. To do this I aim to have a "dummy" function which I
will set "equal" to the appropriate function when the user makes his
choice. The rest of my program will then call this "dummy" function -
and hence the correct "real" function - whenever necessary. How do I
declare and assign to this dummy function? I am using the cc compiler
under Sun-OS 4.1. Thanks,

			Geoff.
--

 Geoff Ballinger,                           JANET: Geoff at Uk.Ac.Ed
 Department of Artificial Intelligence,      UUCP: ...!mcsun!ukc!Ed.Ac.Uk!Geoff