Some interesting novice questions from a novice guy

Alvin "the Chipmunk" Sylvain asylvain at felix.UUCP
Sat Nov 3 08:15:09 AEST 1990

In article <14488.27252b63 at max.u.washington.edu> scott at max.u.washington.edu writes:
> Hello, I am a novice C program and such my head is spinning with
> questions that are screaming to be answer, otherwise will drive me to
> the point of insanity... in turn, hopefully I will not be driving you
> insane with "much asked" dull quesitions. Thanks in advance.

[... dull questions which would been better left to make him insane ...]

Are you trying to tell us that in the entire city of Seattle, or even
the entire state of Washington, that you can not find a single person to
answer these questions one-on-one?

Forgive me if you're typing this from your death-bed and can't get out much.

Otherwise, I really suggest you find someone to talk to who's answered
questions like these before.  Like someone else mentioned, RTFM, but if
it's written in Swahili or something (sometimes they seem to be), FSWKAA
(Find Somebody Who Knows And ASK).

Doing this has at least 3 benefits
1) You don't waste expensive bandwidth with dull questions
2) You don't waste expensive bandwidth with dull answers (such as mine)
3) You'll get your answers much more quickly and interactively.  I.e.,
      you can keep asking when you don't understand the answer.

	  FSWKAA (Find Somebody Who Knows And ASK)

If these both fail, then you are more than welcome to tap the vast
expertise of the folks on the Net.  Asking the Net sooner is hitting a
Tack with a ThermoNuclear SledgeHammer.