void procedures

Prabaharan Ilanji Swarnam swarnam at cs.tamu.edu
Fri Nov 9 15:41:25 AEST 1990

This is my first posting to this group hence forgive my ignorance !!!

Recently one of my friends had a program in which there had
been some procedure calls like

	free_vectori(x,y,z);
	  .....etc etc...
Thes procedures were included in a header file which contained
them in the following format

	void free_vectori(a,b,c);
	  .....etc etc...(with no body for the above)

I was under the impression that that call for free_vectori() would
not return any changes to the arguments or induce any side effects.
But she argued that the call certainly made some changes to the
arguments indirectly.

Is that possible ?
The void procedure format had no body so I understand that the
parameters cannot be used or modified. Then why are those kind of
void procedures used ?

		Make this World a better place to live in !!!!!!

		Praba Swarnam
		email: swarnam at cssun.tamu.edu