Novice question.

JOHN HEIM heim at vms.macc.wisc.edu
Thu Nov 15 03:35:11 AEST 1990

Didn't the ANSI committee say that "register" is a *suggestion* to the
compiler that the varible be stored in a register for faster access?
I seem to remember reading something about that.  It may be that that
I got it from either the Turbo C or MSC 5.1 manual though.

At any rate, I *think* that if you're working in TC or MSC you'd
probably be better off letting the optimizer decide how to use the
registers.  True?

John G. Heim                                   Internet: heim at macc.wisc.edu
UW - Madison Academic Computing Center         Phone:    608-262-9887
1210 W. Dayton St.                             Fax:      608-262-4679
Madison, WI., 53706                            CIS:      71570,3712