hardcopy/productivity inverse correlation

Dave Caswell dbc at bushido.uucp
Sun Nov 18 14:55:12 AEST 1990

.Then there is hope for them! They are reading the code! In my experience,
.the one's I worry about *never* sit down with a listing and actually read
.the code to find out what's happening.
.
.The single best way to improve maintainability and reliability is to run
.off a listing now and then and distribute it to your coworkers to mark up.
.I always challenge them to find *anything* wrong with my code, the idea
.being better to fix it then than be embarassed by customers.

Often the most fun projects are a group of five or less people.  Before
anyone's code is intergated into the project it is read by everyone.
It helps to ensure a quality project and makes it far easier to replace
someone who leaves.  It also encourages you to be more rigorous in your
development knowing your peers will be reading your work.  If your peers
can't easily read your work to make changes as well as to catch errors there
is a problem; personel changes or whatever is the solution.

David Caswell                             dbc%bushido.uucp at umich.edu