Source for "integer to ascii" and multiple file search-n-replace

Mark Pledger mpledger at cti1.UUCP
Wed Nov 21 22:57:23 AEST 1990

>mpledger at cti1.UUCP (Mark Pledger) writes:

>>I'm looking for a function that can convert an integer to an ascii string.
>>Microsoft has a function in its library called itoa() where you can specify
>>the radix result used in the ascii string.  I just want to convert integers
>>though.  I am looking for a fast implementation, without resorting to scanf()
>>or print() type functions.
     ^

Maybe nobody is reading my question, but everyone keeps mailing me answers
using sprintf() which is actually what I don't want.  I just noticed a typo
in my original question, but I think most people should be able to figure
that out since I also stated scanf().

I have had one good reply so far from Bill Poser (of Standford) who actually
had a function written in C that he so kindly passed along.

I will summerize any other replies received if anyone is interested.

--
Sincerely,

Mark Pledger

CTI                              |              (703) 685-5434 [voice]
2121 Crystal Drive               |              (703) 685-7022 [fax]
Suite 103                        |
Arlington, DC  22202             |              mpledger at cti.com