memcpy()-like move to odd bit

Evan Marshall Manning manning at nntp-server.caltech.edu
Tue Nov 13 10:50:38 AEST 1990

The title about says it.  I need to move data from point A to
point B, where there may be a bit offset as well as a byte offset.
Is there any reasonably portable and/or reasonably fast way to do
this?

If it matters, I'm using a 68030 with a (buggy) "Classic C" compiler under
PDOS.

Yes, I know this is a silly thing to do.  I'm lobbying to restart on
bit slips, but nobody asks me.

Thanks,
-- Evan

Your eyes are weary from staring at the CRT for so | Evan M. Manning
long.  You feel sleepy.  Notice how restful it is  |      is
to watch the cursor blink.  Close your eyes.  The  |manning at gap.cco.caltech.edu
opinions stated above are yours.  You cannot       | manning at mars.jpl.nasa.gov
imagine why you ever felt otherwise.               | gleeper at tybalt.caltech.edu