Error Handling

Gary Hoffman gah at ibm.com
Tue Oct 2 02:45:24 AEST 1990

This was something I have been building a library for .. ain't portable!
I can call a procedure after setting up with my version of setjmp() and
then I can hit the button wherever and return to that point.  In this way
I have centralized error handling.  It is handy in that the setup is
multi-level.

Actually I've been trying to reproduce the function built into another
language I use and it has proved difficult.  Performance that results
from this is very good since the exceptions are infrequent.  Nice in that
folls user, compiler, and system exceptions into one handler with return
codes.