Unrecognized switch using MS C 5.1

D'Arcy J.M. Cain darcy at druid.uucp
Thu Sep 20 11:25:06 AEST 1990

In article <1990Sep17.200600.9089 at sea.com> kbickel at sea.com (Ken Bickel) writes:
>Does anyone know why the following error message is occuring when I
>attempt to compile and link a simple C program using Microsoft's
>CL.EXE (version 5.1):
>
>   unrecognized switch error:  "NOI"

One thing that is important with Microsoft C is to erase the link program that
comes with DOS.  Yes I know they are both written by the same company but
if it finds the DOS link in the path before the one that comes with C you
will have all sorts of funny problems.  This one used to bite me every time
I upgraded or reinstalled DOS on my system.

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain (darcy at druid)     |
D'Arcy Cain Consulting             |   MS-DOS:  The Andrew Dice Clay